There are three main reasons why a Smartcard will not scan.
- The product has expired.
- There is no product loaded to the Smartcard.
- The Smartcard has been damaged.
To investigate which it is, please take your Smartcard to a Customer Service Desk at an Interchange in South Yorkshire. If there is no valid product on the card – simply purchase a new product.
Smartcards have been rigorously tested to last five years, however, if the Smartcard has failed through technical failure or accidental damage, then a replacement may be provided. To apply for a replacement, please take your Smartcard and proof of purchase to a Customer Service Desk at an Interchange. Please note:
- There are no refunds available for damaged products / Smartcards.
- Per our Terms & Conditions, replacements are provided at our sole discretion and we have the right to refuse to provide a replacement for any reason.
Please note: If you believe that there should be a valid product on the card, please raise a support ticket and one of our technical support team will help investigate further.
To help us with your enquiry please include:
- Any transaction references
- Your Smartcard number
- The product you are trying to load
If you'd prefer to speak to someone, we’re here to help. Call our Pass Hotline on 0114 22 11 444.