Before you can use the TravelMaster website to buy a ticket you will need to create an account and register a Smartcard. This simple guide will take you through the the step-by-step process.
First, go to our retail website retail.sytravelmaster.com.
- The Retail page will have two boxes - one is 'Register' and the other is 'Log In'.
Register an Account
Whether you already have a card or need to apply for one, you will first need to register for an account.
- Once you click Register, you will reach the page "Apply for Card - Register" which includes the Account Registration Form.
- You will need to fill out the requested details, ensuring all fields marked with * are completed.
- Your driving license and/or passport number will only be needed if you are planning to apply for an 18-22 Discount Card.
You have now created a TravelMaster account online. You'll receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.
Applying for a Card
Once registered you will then be able to log in to your account.
- From the top right 'My Account' menu, select 'Apply for Card'.
- Select which card type you're applying for:
- Standard TravelMaster Smartcard - Cost £1.
- 18-22 Discount Card - First card is free. Replacements may cost a £7 fee.
If you have supplied suitable proof of age, you will also have the option to purchase an 18-22 Discount Card. If you do not have a passport or driver's license (provisional or full) you can also email your Birth Certificate or other suitable document to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can approve you for the card that way.
- To apply for your card, simply review our Terms and Conditions then select 'Apply'.
This will then take you to the payment page. Once payment is confirmed your card will be sent to your registered address. Please allow up to 10 working days for delivery.
Register a Card
If you already have a card such as a Standard TravelMaster card, Zoom Under 16 Travel Pass or Stagecoach Smartcard, registering it is simple.
- From the top right 'My Account' menu, select 'Register Card'.
- From there, you will be prompted to enter your card number (starting 633597) twice. Double check that there are no empty spaces as this will show an error message.
- Once that is done, just press 'Register'.
YOU'RE NOW READY TO BUY YOUR TICKETS online and USE YOUR SMARTCARD