Our smartcards are rigorously tested to last five years but customers may contact us to say their card is broken or not working. We may not be able to replace the card or the tickets loaded to them so we ask that customers:
- Do not bend or flex your smartcard.
- Do to scuff or scratch the edges of your smartcard.
- Keep your smartcard with your wallet, purse or somewhere safe whilst travelling.
- Treat it like you would any other important document (bank card, drivers licence or passport).
- Keep your receipt after you buy your ticket as a proof of purchase.
- Please check at a Customer Service Desk that your card works before making a purchase if you are concerned about the condition of your smartcard.